This is just the start of a new page I’m working on to collect all the interesting information I find around about multi-core architectures, multi-core programming, etc.. Also feel free to send me links to information on these topic that you think might be of interest. Stay tuned for updates.
- Multicore poses multitude of EDA considerations, June 4th, 2007 (source: EETimes) – how multicore architectures will impact the development of tools to design the next generation chips?
- Intel delves deeper into tera-scale, June 13th, 2007 (source: EDN.com)
- To save power, embedded tries multicore, June 25th, 2007 (source: EETimes)
- P.A. Semi – power efficient dual-core processors based on the Power Architecture
- picoChip – DSPs with multicore architectures, targeted specifically for next generation mobile infrastructures
- Stream Processors, Inc. – C-programmable high-performance DSPs using stream processing technologies
- Tilera Corp. – “Embedding Multicore”. Tilera is a fabless semiconductor company based in Santa Clara, founded by MIT Professor Anant Agarwal. No info is available on their site regarding the products they are developing. See EETimes article.
- Cmpware, Inc. - developing software development kits for multicore multiprocessing
- RapidMind – offers software development platforms to accelerate applications through the use of GPUs (both NVIDIA and ATI) or Cell Broadband Engine
Technical talks, conferences
- Workshop on On- and Off-Chip Interconnection Networks for Multicore Systems – 2006 [main page with links to sessions slides]
- Stanford Computer Systems Colloquium (ee380) [main page]
Documents and links collections